Urso Chappell’s ExpoMuseum Blog: Digital Water Pavilion at Expo 2008, Zaragoza

25 May 2007

Digital Water Pavilion at Expo 2008, Zaragoza

Back in 1996, I went back to my hometown of Atlanta for the Olympics. In the Olympic Village, I remember seeing a display of a digital waterfall. Water flowed from a series of computer-controlled nozzles. Most of the messages were text, but it was a great display, particularly since everything falls at different rates at different times, so the text would stretch out before hitting the pool underneath.

It looks like Expo 2008 will extend the concept farther and have an entire Digital Water Pavilion with walls made of falling water.



I can't wait to see it in person!

This post violates two of my self-imposed rules: Two posts back-to-back about the same exposition and two posts back-to-back of YouTube video. But hey, I couldn't pass up sharing this.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks intriguing. I'm wondering what that whole sinking roof thing is all about. Certainly nobody wants to read headlines about expo guests being crushed by the roof of a pavilion - daily.