Urso Chappell’s ExpoMuseum Blog: Expo 2008, Iceberg

10 July 2008

Expo 2008, Iceberg

Reading over my posts from my Expo 2008 visit and going through the 1200+ photos I took during those six days, I'm realizing there are noteworthy exhibits and performances I either didn't mention or didn't elaborate on.

The Iceberg performance is certainly one of these. The night before my first day on the site, we walked along the Ebro River toward the site and we were surprised by how much of Iceberg was visible from outside the gates. There was also a spectacular fireworks display afterwards.

I think this element of Expo 2008 will be one of the ones that folks in Zaragoza will remember decades from now when reminiscing about the expo. It's made even more powerful in that it is set on the opposite side of the river from the Expo site and the audience.

Unfortunately, my own video of Iceberg wasn't of a great quality. Lucky for us, others have posted on YouTube their own recordings. The best of these recordings I'm embedding here. It's in three parts.





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WOW! Thank you, Urso!!!! For the photos you posted on "Flickr"! They are just awesome!!!!:>